- Ph.D., Arabic Linguistics, University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- Dissertation title, "Linguistic Changes in Journalistic Language in Egypt, 1935-1989: Quantitative and Comparative Analysis."
- M.A., Applied Linguistics, Indiana University at Bloomington, 1983
- B.A., English and Education, English Department, College of Education,Tanta University, Egypt, 1979
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of
Modern Languages, Montana State University.
|1998-2002||Content Editor, On-Line Course on Arabic Language and Civilization, Developed for the National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education, Middlebury College, Vermont.|
|1998-2002||Director of the Arabic School, Middlebury College, Vermont. Previously worked as an instructor at the Arabic School for ten summers.|
|1999-2002||Assistant Professor of Arabic Language and Culture, Department of Asian & Middle Eastern Languages, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.|
|1994-present||Examiner Responsible for Arabic Ab initio, International Baccalaureate Organization (IB), United Kingdom.|
|1993-1999||Lecturer and Coordinator of Arabic, Department of Near Eastern Studies, University of California at Berkeley.|
Part-Time Instructor, Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA), American University in Cairo, Egypt
Assistant Professor of Linguistics, English Department, College of Education at Kafr El-Sheikh, Tanta University, Egypt.
- Computer-Mediated Communications in the Arabic Language Curriculum, The Middle East Studies Association conference (MESA), San Francisco, 1997
- Developing Reading Comprehension Strategies for Beginning and Intermediate Arabic students Using Interactive Multimedia Tools. Paper and computer demonstration presented at the Wayne State University conference on Arabic as a Foreign Language in the New Millenium, Detroit, 1999
- Mental processing and the Development of Reading Comprehension Strategies among Beginning and Intermediate Arabic Students. An invited lecture at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, February 2000.
- Inter-dialectal Intelligibility in Interlocutory Arabic Discourse, Fourth annual meeting of International Association of Arabic Dialectology, Marrakech, Morocco, April 2000.
- Led workshop on the Oral Proficiency Interview, at the American University in Cairo, March 1992.
- Led workshops for Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language, held at the International Baccalaureate Schools in Dubai, 1997; Cairo, 1998; Amman, 1999.
- Led workshop on Teaching of Reading Comprehensive Strategies in Arabic, at Al-Akhawayn University in Ifran, Morocco, April 2000.
- Led workshop on Arabic Oral Proficiency Testing, at Al-Akhawayn University in Ifran, Morocco, April 2000.